Welcome to Hook Surgery
Hook Surgery is a general medical practice offering high quality compassionate health care in a friendly welcoming setting. Patient's care is at the heart of everything we do, our aim is to provide our patients with a personalised medical and nursing service, and we work hard to ensure that patients receive the care we would wish for ourselves and families. To accomplish this, we place great value in:
- Our staff, on whom our reputation depends
- Maintaining standards of confidentiality, record keeping and clinical knowledge
- Treating you with respect and courtesy
- Acting as your advocate and guide to health and social service
- Offering easy access to appointment
- Bringing Best Practice to your care
What is the advice to patients and the public?
The advice to the public is to call NHS 111 now if they have been:
• to Wuhan or Hubei Province in China in the last 14 days (even if they do not have symptoms)
• to other parts of China, including Macau and Hong Kong, in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
• to Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Republic of Korea or Malaysia in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
• in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus.
Anyone who meets the above criteria is advised not to go to a GP surgery, community pharmacy or hospital. Instead they should call NHS 111, stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people.
Welcome to our new website
How we safeguard your data - GDPR
Read our news page...
Other News and Information
Patient Participation Group
Did you know we have a Patient Participation Group?
The purpose of the Patient Participation Group is to help us access and use your ideas for new projects, and gaining your views as to how the practice can improve and develop.More Information
Our lifestyles can be more unhealthy than we think. Start the fight back to a healthier you. Take the One You quiz and see how you score.
One You is here to help you get back to a healthier you. Take our quiz to see how you score.
Self Help Advice and Tools
Visit Self Help
111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals.
Visit NHS 111
How likely are you to recommend this Surgery to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment? Please spend 2 minutes to take the Friends and Family Test.
View our Results
Take the Test
The NHS website. Take control of your health and wellbeing. Get medical advice, information about healthcare services and support for a healthy life.
Patient is one of the most trusted medical resources online, supplying evidence based information on a wide range of medical and health topics to patients and health professionals.